Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays (Yes, I Realize It's Wednesday)



Well, I’m off the ball yet again, surprise, surprise. I wasn’t able to post my Top Ten Tuesdays yesterday, so I’m doing it today and there aren’t even 10. I thought about calling it Wop Wen Wednesdays, but decided against it. Maybe I should call it Top Eight Somethingorother, but that just sounds corny.
So much has been going on around here including, but not limited to, health issues all around, crashed computer, new computer won’t fit old digital camera card, having a time of figuring out new system on said computer, blah, blah, blah.
I wanted to share with you my newest hobby. Sharpie pens are my new best friend. I don’t consider myself all that creative, but have found that I love to draw whimsical trees…go figure. I also place biblical verses that have spoken to me over the years of my illness within the branches. It is quite relaxing for me and I can take my book and pens with me everywhere, like to the hospital while I wait anxiously for Beauty Queen to get her cardiac MRI/MRA, or with Big Handsome while I wait for him to get his noggin scanned, and even if I'm just sittin' around the house contemplating just how much more screwed up the universe can make my life.
When I’m feeling especially anxious, and providing my brain is cooperating with my eyes and hands at that particular moment, I have found that drawing really helps me to relax. I love that I can go back to these special verses that have helped me in the past to quell my spaziness.
So here’s my Top Ten Tuesdays being posted on Wednesday and don’t even consist of 10 items. UGH, I think I need a nap for about the next 10 years; someone please wake me when Big Handsome is back to normal, Beauty Queen is feeling better and a cure for POTS has been found.
Hope you enjoy. Let me know in the comments what types of things you do to relax while dealing with chronic illness.
P.S. Sorry for the lack of photography skill...


“Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” ~Psalm 31:24

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” ~Romans 12:12

“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” ~2 Thessalonians 3:16

“The Lord is good to those who wait for Him…” ~Lamentations 3:25

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” ~Proverbs 18:10
 
“I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” ~Psalm 16:8

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” ~Matthew 11:28-29
 
Still in the works…


No comments:

Post a Comment