Friday, April 26, 2013

My Day

I decided to do a post about what my day typically looks like. I’ve seen this done elsewhere, but for the life of me can’t remember where I saw it. I would love to give credit where credit is due, however since I can’t remember what happened this morning; I simply can’t recall where I found this; my apologies.

Every day is different due to symptoms, schedules and whatnot. I might decide to go back to this on numerous occasions just because every day is so different, thus will yield various results. Here goes:

Outside my window…It is a beautiful sunny day with a slight breeze. The palm trees are swaying about, and the birds are singing their little hearts out. As I lay in bed looking out the window directly in front of me, my gorgeous, inviting swimming pool (that Big Handsome so graciously had put in a few years ago) is beckoning to me…”come lay by me, come drink in some sun, come swimming, come, come, come…” Alas, I have not the energy, maybe tomorrow.

I am thinking…I have so much to do and not enough energy to do it, so I’ll sit here in bed, with my beautiful pool trying desperately to lure me in and type a blog post.

I am thankful…That I have a beautiful pool, but am getting a little annoyed with it as it continuously tries to vie for my attention.

In the kitchen…At least the clean dishes are put away. I still have to clean the dirty ones and put them away. I need to clean up the coffee from this morning and set it up again for tomorrow so that Big Handsome gets his fix in the morning.

I am wearing…My usual, a house dress. At least it’s not a Moo-Moo; it’s purple and has pretty embroidery on the back.

I am creating…A word flip book for my 5 year old nephew. I used a 5x8 spiral notebook that I turned horizontal. I then covered the front cover with nice, boyish scrapbook paper. I cut the pages into two parts; the one on the left has been cut about 1/3 of the page, the other side is 2/3 of the page. On the left side I have written consonant letters (one per page) and on the right, I have various short vowel endings like, at, ag, ab etc. My hope is that he can take it in the car or where ever and practice his short vowel, three letter words in preparation for starting kindy next year.

I am going…Nowhere today. Maybe I’ll venture into the kitchen at some point to do up the dishes and make the coffee for tomorrow. I might even conjure up some energy to appease my pool.

I am wondering…What I always wonder and have a hard time not dwelling on…will I ever be rid of this crappy illness?

I am reading…Presently I’m reading nothing except what I’m typing. I do have lots of books in various areas of my house that I read. On my patio, where I spend a lot of time, I have “Never Be Sick Again” by Raymond Francis (which is slow-going), and “Coping with Chronic Illness” by Wright and Ellis. This book has been such a tremendous help to me and I have referred it to many. I also have my medical notebook on the dining room table that has articles that I have found on various illnesses that I read and reread so I can familiarize myself with any and all research I can get my hands on. In my room I read “The Thorn” by Beverly Lewis and “A Bride for Tom” on my Nook.

I am hoping…That I can complete my medical notebook in time to take it into my GP next week so that maybe, just maybe we can move forward in finding a definitive diagnosis for what the heck is wrong with me.

I am looking forward to…A vacation in the coming weeks with the family. Big Handsome finally has some time off and we all look forward to a wonderfully relaxing week at the beach.

I am learning…That I need to be more assertive.

Around the house…My kids have not begun their schoolwork for the day and it’s almost noon. UGH! I need to stop writing and go light a fire under their rumps.

I am pondering…Will I ever get better?

A favorite quote for today…”You never know how strong you are…until being strong is the only choice you have.”

One of my favorite things…Big Handsome

A few plans for the rest of the week…I plan on having a relaxing weekend with my family and trying my best not to have a freakout/breakdown.
 
A few hours later, I decided that the pool could wait no longer, so my daughter and I went out for a spell...

Seriously, who wouldn't want to sit outside on a day like today?? Sadly, my Cabana Boy was still at work.
All good things must come to and end however...

I'll tell you, a tad of tachycardia can put the kibosh on just about anything.
Fun-squasher!!!



2 comments:

  1. I just picked up a copy of Coping with Chronic Illness a few days ago! Glad to hear you find it helpful, I'll have to start it soon.

    Beautiful pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay,

    Love the book, hope it is as much help to you as it has been for me. Still haven't finished it, but highly recommend it. I'll probably have to go through it more than once (story of my life!)

    Pool is definately nice, thank you. Symptoms can be so silly at times. Been out by the pool all weekend with nary a problemo!!

    I might be helpless at times, but I am never hopeless :)

    Be well:)

    ReplyDelete