Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Here's To My Big Handsome




My Big Handsome is more than I could have ever wished for in a husband. He is loving, kindhearted, generous, doting, strong, full of integrity, oh, I could go on and on and on.

I call him My Big Handsome because he is just that, tall, dark and oh, so very handsome. He is so much more though. He is my soul mate, my best friend, lover, husband and a truly awesome dad to our children.

He has always been my sounding board and my voice of reason. When I was diagnosed with this horrendous illness, he was right by my side and hasn't left since. He is the epitome of strength. He constantly reminds me of his love for me and the fact that we will get through this together.

Every morning I sit in my covered porch and check my email, have my coffee, and enjoy some alone time before the gems get up. I look forward to this daily as My Big Handsome writes me little love notes each morning. Sometimes it's just a simple "I love you" other times they come in the form of poetry or song lyrics. They lift my spirits each morning and they are one of the reasons I get out of bed every day.

Having this illness has turned our household upside down. It keeps me, at times from enjoying even the simplest things in life. I hold fast to my faith and am so thankful that the Lord lead me to My Big Handsome. He couldn't have chosen better for me.

I know that living with me and my current physical state can be frustrating at times for My Big Handsome, but he somehow keeps it all together for all of us and I pray that the Lord blesses him immensely.

This is not to say that he is perfect, but I'll tell you one thing, he is perfect for me.

After 21 years of marriage, I can honestly say that to love and be loved is a gift, but to have that and be "in love" too is truly a blessing, and one that I don't take lightly. You see, love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will. I'm so grateful that My Big Handsome chooses to love me...warts and all.

Here's to My Big Handsome...I love you more than words can say.


 

My Big Handsome always knows when I need a pick-me-up!
(source: Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment