Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays


Top Ten Pronunciation Irritations

1. “supposebly” instead of supposedly

2.” libary” instead of library

3. “ungion” instead of onion

4.” birfday” instead of birthday

5. “aks” instead of ask

6. “charasteristics” instead of characteristics

7. “acrossed” instead of across

8. “breakfrest” instead of breakfast

9. “excape” instead of escape

10.”irregardless” instead of regardless

Here’s one just for fun: “Your anus” instead of Uranus J

I try so hard not to correct people because I was taught that it is rude. I do however have to laugh at the ignorance, which is also rude…I know.

Disclaimer: I am far from perfect and don’t claim to be. I do welcome correction, especially if I can learn something new and not look like a fool!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment