Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hiatus


I haven’t been on lately to write. I’m going to take a bit of time off to regroup, actually a bit more time, I should say. I just haven’t had the mojo for writing lately, and since the only thing I am completely consistent with is inconsistency, I figured I’d just take a hiatus of sorts, or a continued hiatus it would seem.

I’ve basically been spending my time being extremely lazy. I wake and drag my sorry, sore butt out of bed to get my coffee and check all things online. I mean, I get the laundry done each week, but that’s about the extent of my life aside from spending an inordinate amount of time on the computer, obviously not writing.

Of course the first thing I do is check my email and read my daily love note from Big Handsome. Then, I commence the deletion process of all the silly emails that I get because I might have clicked on something-or-other while online. Note to self: make use of the “unsubscribe” button.

Hubs is still going through his Viral Labyrinthitis which is driving him nuts (and me too…shhhh, don’t tell him I said that; it’s really only driving me nuts because I can’t do anything to help him out). He hates feeling out of control and I don’t blame him. Although I have to say that one good thing that has come out of this whole ordeal is that he now has some sense of understanding me and my situation; I truly hope that does not come off as selfish.

Quite frankly, there is only so much research, questioning, and worrying I can do regarding my illness, and I’m finding out that I am so much more than my illness, thanks in part to an awesome new FB page I found, check it out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/potsyparadise/?hc_location=stream.  Believe me, I can commiserate with the best of them and am fully willing to do that if I can be of some encouragement along the way. At this point in time though, I feel the need to step back, enjoy the things I can do and focus on ways to improve my situation.

Plus, there is so much going on, what with the new school year starting up soon, planning my homeschool co-op classes (Art Appreciation and Chemistry), organizing/cleaning my house, getting up the motivation to begin working out again, trying to be creative with scrapbooking, art journaling, drawing, etc., in addition to gearing up for a much needed vacation soon.

I bid you all adieu for now. My hope is to return shortly with a better handle on my life and the ability to see beyond my illness to the person I know I can be.

I might feel helpless at times, but I shall never be hopeless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment