Thursday, January 3, 2013

So Long 2012…You Will Not Be Missed…Entirely



As I look back on this past year, there has been laughter, happiness, pride in my family, heartache, tears, drama, oh; I could go on and on. I am so looking forward to a New Year. One filled with more happiness and laughter than heartache and tears.

I may be helpless at times, but I am never hopeless J

Looking back on the laughter, happiness and pride in my family:

· Celebrating 25 years with Big Handsome, 21 of them married

· Being happily married to Big handsome, my husband, lover and best friend

· Watching my children grow into caring, responsible young adults

· My daughter passing the college exam in order to have the opportunity of beginning her  

       college career as a junior in high school

· My son being so talented, creative and tenderhearted

· The many vacations spent with Big Handsome and the kids

· Growing closer to God

Looking back on the heartache, tears and drama:

· The death of my mother this past fall (although I rejoice that she is now with the Lord)

· Drama surrounding my siblings, as we don’t all get along

· My poor father having to deal with said drama

· Dealing with teenage drama

· Stress of the daily reminders of having a chronic illness

This year I want to focus more on the positive and so much less on the negative. I want to be that kind of person that can “look on the brighter side” not the type that sees the “grass as always greener”.

Here’s to hoping that you all find happiness and joy. Actually, these cannot be found, but must be chosen. It is my hope that you and I have the ability to choose these for ourselves, our lives and our sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment