Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays


Well, I haven’t had time for much else besides my Top Ten Tuesday’s lists, and most weeks I can’t seem to get a handle on even these. I wish I could say that I haven’t had the time because I’ve been out yuckin’ it up with friends or going to the beach with the kids, but no, none of that fun stuff has been going on. It’s been weeks of doctor appointments and tests and more doctor appointments.

I’ve got a ton of work to do at home, but all that seems to get done around here are the necessary things like, laundry and maybe if I’m lucky, a swish of the toilets. I really need to enlist my teenagers to do some work around here, I’ll even pay them.

So, this is my Top Ten Tuesday list for today concerning things that need to get done around here. Some jobs only I can do, some I can ask the kids to do.

Top Ten Jobs that need to be done Around Here:

1. As I sit and type this up out on my back patio, I can see the dust and dirt building up around me. Usually, I try to super clean out here once a year in the fall, when it’s nice and cool outside. Well, this past fall, that didn’t happen, so now it’s doubly dirty. Since we live in the boonies surrounded by nurseries and dirt roads, my patio gets gross fairly easily. This might be a job to enlist the kids to do. It takes me hours usually to do it. I’ve got to move all the furniture out, roll up the carpet, sweep/vacuum everything, then get a bucket of bleach water and my trusty plastic broom and scrub the floor. This time, the screens need to be cleaned too. UGH, what a job!

2. I need to clean out my schoolroom. I home school my two children that are now teenagers in high school. Even though they are older now and mostly do their schoolwork in their rooms or sprawled on the living room floor, we still have our school room. If nothing else, it serves as a place to keep all our books and supplies. Bookshelves need to be cleaned off. Closet needs to be revamped. Table needs to be organized. This is a job mostly for me although, the kids can certainly help.

3. Put clean laundry away and throw two more loads in. Kids could do this one, but I actually enjoy doing laundry, I know, I’m weird.

4. Begin planning the first two chapters in Chemistry. A few homeschooling friends are getting together to co-op Chemistry this year. Each of us moms takes some chapters and holds the classes at our house during our weeks. The kids are responsible for the reading and work of course, but we parents are responsible for planning the experiments. Hopefully, no one’s house will blow up!!

5. I also need to begin planning the Art Appreciation class I will be teaching at another home school co-op in January. I know January seems so far away, but believe me; it will be here sooner than I think and I’d like to think that I don’t enjoy procrastinating. I’d rather get it done than to have it hanging over my head. Usually, by this time in the summer, I’ve planned and organized everything. I have barely begun to plan this class. I currently have a basic outline and when I say basic, I mean basic.

6. Tie up any loose ends with my kids’ schoolwork for this year. I have to get all their work and grades together, fill out transcripts, organize everything, make sure that they’ve done what they need to do as far as graduation requirements for the year (a little late for that really), pack it all together and file it away just in case the county comes and wants to make sure we really are homeschooling and my kids aren’t sitting around all day playing games.

7. Get my kids’ evaluations done for the county and sent out.

8. I need to do some sort of exercise whether it’s yoga or just some Wii Bowling.
9. Get my kids to clean their rooms, which oughta be fun.

10.  I need to clean the rest of my house. I could enlist the kids to help, but I might just need to hire someone to do the work.

The above are just a few of the items on my “to-do” list. These days, sadly, my mantra has been: Why do today what you can put off ‘till tomorrow?

I really am just lucky that everyone in the house has clean underwear at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment