Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays

As most of you know, I homeschool my two teenagers. I’ve always homeschooled them, thus they’ve never been to school a day in their lives. To counteract others’ thoughts on the whole “socialization issue”, my children have always been involved in myriad activities outside the four walls of our home. To name a few: gymnastics, guitar and piano lessons, homeschool park days, field trips galore, playdates, oh I could go on and on. Now that they are older, they are involved in Enrichment classes. They’ve taken classes (that are taught by the parents) in Art, Government/Economics, Writing, SAT Prep, Math Olympiads, Model UN, Renaissance, Drama, Latin, and so many more that I am forgetting at this moment. Suffice it to say, my children are well socialized and I feel they have received more than a well rounded education.

What does all of this have anything to do with my Top Ten list for this Tuesday you ask? Well, it just so happens that I also teach at my children’s Enrichment Program and have for the past 5 years. This spring I will be teaching an Art Appreciation class to the highschoolers.

Still you might be asking…and this has what to do with Top Ten Tuesdays?

I’ve been inundating myself with all things art. I love art and all things connected with art. I’ve even recently found my own artistic side through all of this (although I've always considered myself quite crafty).

I wanted to share with you my Top Ten Artists I've Been Studying (mostly Modern Art). So here goes in no particular order:

1. Georgia O’keefe
Rams Head, White Hollyhock and Little Hills, 1935
 
2. Henri Matisse
The Open Window, Collioure, 1905
3. Vincent Van Gogh
Starry Night, 1889
4. Jackson Pollock
Blue Poles #11, 1952
5. Georges Seurat
'A Sunday Afternoon on the Île de la Grande Jatte', 1884 (oil on canvas)
A Sunday Afternoon on the Île de la Grande Jatte,
1884

6. Claude Monet
Waterlilies and Japanese Bridge, 1899
7. Piet Mondrian
Tableau I, 1921 
8. Edgar Degas
'Four Dancers', 1899 (oil on canvas)
Four Dancers, 1899

9. Pierre Renoir
File:A Girl with a Watering Can.JPG
A Girl with a Watering Can, 1876
 
10. Jasper Johns
Art © Jasper Johns/Licensed by VAGA, New York, NY; used with permission
 Numbers in Color, 1958-59
 
P.S. I've been so engrossed in planning the Art Appreciation class for my Homeschool Enrichment Program, I nearly forgot to post my Top Ten!!
 

2 comments:

  1. wow, these are all great!

    i always failed art in school, but i still love to look at beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much like beauty...art is in the eye of the beholder :)

    ReplyDelete