Friday, December 7, 2012

A Tidbit (or more) About Me


I am a 40ish year old stay-at-home wife and homeschooling mother living with a chronic illness. I’ll save the “chronic illness” part for a later post. I was born and raised in the same home until I was married. I have three siblings spread to the four corners of the US.

 
I grew up in the obligatory dysfunctional family, though looking back; I wouldn’t have had it any other way. My upbringing is part of what has made me the woman I am today. I wasn’t a “smart” kid and believe me, if I only knew back then what I know now; I would’ve been valedictorian of my high school. I blossomed, so to speak, in college. I went to University and graduated with a degree in Elementary Education. Right after high school I met my wonderful husband and we were married four years later. At the time, I was still in college full-time and working two part-time jobs. I then worked for the public school system as a teacher for a few years before having children.

 
I have two children, a dd and ds; they are both teenagers in high school now. My husband and I had chosen to homeschool our kids before they were even a twinkle in our eyes. After they were born, so began my journey in homeschooling. I had been indirectly involved in homeschooling before I had children as I used to evaluate homeschool students. I do love what I do. We have a pretty eclectic way with school; that’s one of the great parts of homeschooling; you can choose what you learn and how you learn it.





 
Well, this blog isn’t about my family or my background or even my homeschooling endeavors, although I will most likely talk about them. This blog is about living with a chronic illness. I have often joked over the years that if I had a job and my kids went to school, I would’ve had to quit and homeschool. So, I guess in hindsight, I skipped a step in the wonderful world of living with a chronic illness. It is hard, it is frustrating, it is depressing, oh, I could go on and on. I will try, and do try to look at the brighter side and I envy the strong person that gets to the other side of illness intact and/or even better. That is my wish, that I will come out of this a better, stronger person.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment