Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hasta La Vista!


I’ll be off the grid for about a week or so. Big Handsome is taking us for a much needed beach week vacation. Saying “We can’t wait!” is quite the understatement.

Have to share a funny with you all (well funny to me anyway).

I am an admitted germaphobe; admitting it is the first step to recovery, right? My kids know I’m a germaphobe and love to push my buttons. Like the time my daughter was in a McDonald’s with a friend and sent me a picture of herself standing in line barefoot!!! In McDonald's! At least she wasn’t in the bathroom of said McDonald's! They do this kind of stuff to me regularly. Yes, I buy gallons of hand sanitizer, always have it in the kitchen and bathrooms as well as keeping a mini bottle in my purse at all times.

We had to take our daughter for her regular cardio visit the other day (story behind that will have to be saved for another post when we have more information). We are sitting in the exam room waiting for her to go in for her sonogram and I look up to see her holding a strand of hair in her fingers,  stretched out between her two hands, the piece of hair was over a foot long. She looks at me and says nonchalantly, “Gee, I had no idea I had black hair.” My head shoots up to look at her, my eyes must’ve been as big as sauces as I half screamed at her, “AND YOUR STILL HOLDING IT!” I must’ve looked like I was going to hurl. She was laughing so hard, she was crying and almost fell off the exam table. Of course the hair was her own. She just loves getting a rise out of me. Geez, kids these days! Meanwhile, Big Handsome is in the corner snickering away. UGH! Good thing I doubled up on my meds that afternoon.

What do we have though, if we don’t have kids that keep us on our toes at all times?

I am choosing to begin my vacation today, even though we still don’t leave for a few days. I’m so looking forward to sunsets on the beach with Big Handsome, and paddle boarding with the kids. I can’t wait to leave behind this sickness and stress. I’m not taking any medical journal articles, no papers to grade, no transcripts to fill in, no Art Appreciation lesson plans…no work whatsoever. I’m going to relax and enjoy my family. After all, the problems I leave behind will be waiting for me when I get back.

Hasta la vista baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment